Samtengang Trek 10 days
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO, PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 04: PUNAKHA – LIMBUKHA (9km, 4 hours. 940m ascent)
DAY 05: LIMBUKHA – CHUNGSAKHA (10km, 4 hours. 375m ascent, 745m decent)
DAY 06: CHUNGSAKHA – SAMTENGANG (4km, 2.5-3 hours. 550m ascent, 350m decent)
DAY 07: SAMTENGANG – BRIDGE AT TIKA ZAM/CHHUZOMSA (1.5-2km, 3 hours. 495m decent)
DAY 08: WANGDUE – PARO
DAY 09: PARO
DAY 10: DEPART PARO
The Samtengang Trek is one of the easier lower altitude treks in Bhutan. It explores some of the beautiful forests, many remote historical and religious sites and isolated villages in and above the Punakha & Wangdi Valley. Weather permitting, it also offers stunning views of mountainous peaks including Jumolhari (7315m), Kang Bum Peak located above Gaza (6300m) and Tiger Mountain (Gangcheta 6840m) north of Laya. Some of the climbs may be steep and challenging. This trek is especially recommended in winter as there is the possibility of leeches on the trail during the remainder of the year.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SAMTENGANG TREK
The Samtengang Trek is a moderate 4-day hike exploring some of the beautiful forests, many remote historical and religious sites and isolated villages in and above the Punakha & Wangdue Valley. This tour also visits some of the many highlights of the Paro and Thimphu Valleys.
- Enjoy incredible views of mountain peaks including Jumolhari.
- Pass through pine, fern, oak and rhododendron forests and plantation fields.
- Explore seldom visited, remote communities and sacred buddhist sites.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Drive over high mountain passes affording sensational views of the Himalayan peaks.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
BHUTAN TREK DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours and treks are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing, subject to the trek taking place during the trekking season as identified in the itinerary overview above. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour and trek to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design this Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TREKS:
- Airfare into Bhutan including taxes.
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard goverment approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.