Jomolhari Mountain Festival & Trek October 2016 14 days
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
DAY 02: PARO
DAY 03: PARO – SHANA
DAY 04: SHANA – SOE THANGTHANGKHA (8hrs)
DAY 05: SOE THANG’KHA – JANGOTHANG (8hrs)
DAY 06: JANGOTHANG – DANGOJANG (30-40 mins)
DAY 07: JANGOTHANG – DANGOJANG (30-40 mins)
DAY 08: JANGOTHANG – LINGSHI (8hrs)
DAY 09: LINGSHI – SHODU (8hrs)
DAY 10: SHODU – BARSHONG (7hrs)
DAY 11: BARSHONG – DOLAM KENCHO (6hrs)
DAY 12: DOLAM KENCHO – DODENA/THIMPHU (3hrs)
DAY 13: THIMPHU – PARO
DAY 14: DEPART PARO
Jomolhari Mountain Festival & Trek combines the Jomolhari Trek with an exquisitely themed two-day event celebrated at the base of Mt. Jomolhari by communities located along one of the most scenic trekking routes in Bhutan. The festival celebrates the unique culture of the communities living together with the natural wonders that surround them: one in particular, the elusive, yet elegant, snow leopard!
The festival includes snow leopard themed folk songs and dances performed by the local people, Jigme Dorji National Park staff and the school children, traditional sports such as Khuru (darts), shot put, horse and yak riding, sampling of local delicacies and boutique handicrafts.
This is the ultimate Jumolhari Mountain experience of trekking through inspiring mountainous landscapes and gaining an insight into the unique communities that inhabit these beautiful locations.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE JOMOLHARI MOUNTAIN FESTIVAL & TREK
The Jumolhari Trek highlights the great diversity that the Bhutanese landscape has to offer, whilst the mountain festival provides an insight into the unique culture of the communities that live together in harmony with the incredible wildlife and natural wonders that surround them. You will pass through thick pine forests, scattered hamlets and alpine meadows that lead to the high pastureland where yak herders graze their animals.
- Spend 2 days attending the Mountain Festival, witnessing performances of folk songs and dances, participating in traditional sports as well as sampling local delicacies and boutique handicrafts.
- Experience fabulous views of snow-capped mountains such as Mt. Jumolhari and Mt. Jichu Drake.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Discover Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Camp overnight at the base of Mt Jumolhari.
- Spend time Marvelling at the ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
BHUTAN TREK DATES:
All of our Bhutan tours and treks are private, tailor-made journeys for independent travel on dates of your choosing, subject to the trek taking place during the trekking season as identified in the itinerary overview above. We can easily customise your Bhutan tour and trek to spend more in the places doing the activities that you are interested in. Please click on the ‘Tailor-Design this Tour’ tab above to begin customising this tour to your requirements.
WHAT WE INCLUDE IN OUR TAILOR MADE BHUTAN TREKS:
- Airfare into Bhutan including taxes.
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard goverment approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.